To Our Valued Customers:
On behalf of the entire team here at Rocky Mountain Spice Company we want to assure you that we take the health and well-being of our community, customers, and associates very seriously. Like you, we are actively monitoring and assessing the global spread of the COVID-19 virus.
We do not see a risk of the COVID-19 virus being transmitted through food products and the FDA has released recent statements affirming this, as well as outlining their actions concerning the virus. This, along with additional information can be found on their website (www.fda.gov). Nonetheless, our top priority is food safety and the health of our employees and partners. We will continue to adhere to strict Good Manufacturing Practices within our AA BRCGS facility while holding our suppliers to the highest standards of food safety. As with any emerging public health threat, our risk assessments and mitigation plans will be evaluated continually to ensure we are able to keep our employees safe and best serve our customers.
Out of an abundance of caution, we are employing the following strategies to keep our workforce healthy and address COVID-19:
- We are following the guidance and recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), federal, provincial, state, and local government, health authorities, and relevant industry agencies
- We have organized an internal response team which meets regularly to discuss the most current information available regarding the virus, to communicate with our staff, and to make any improvements to our current strategies
- We have adopted a no hand-shake and no contact policy
- We have a no visitor policy and eliminated outside access to our facility
- We have encouraged as many employees as possible to work from home, halted all business travel, and conduct meetings by phone or video wherever possible
- For those employees who must report to the facility, we are staggering shifts and break times, and segregating manufacturing area within a function so that we have coverage but are able to keep appropriate social distances
- Employees who are not feeling well, or present any known symptoms associate with COVID-19 and/or who have been in proximity to anyone suspected of having or confirmed with the virus with in the last 14 days, will be asked to consult their doctor and self-isolate at home for the next 14 days or receive negative test results for the virus prior to returning to work
We are actively monitoring and assessing how this pandemic may affect our supply chain. We have not identified any sourcing concerns, and we have not been informed of supply chain disruptions that will negatively impact the demand necessary for fulfilling in-house orders and stock agreements. While we cannot guarantee that there will not be any supply disruptions in our industry, we are asking all customers to communicate any shifts in volume demands so we can best prepare for any scenario.
We value our partners, and safety and well-being of all those involved in the supply chain. If you have any additional questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
We thank you for being our partner through this most challenging time.
Director of Food Technologies
Rocky Mountain Spice Company